2009年8月3日星期一

TOUCH WOOD!!!!!!!

Ah, one interesting thing to share.

These two weeks, NYP Group B nursing students are working extremely hard in preparing themself to face the coming BCLS test. After passing the test, we will get our license and it means when we encounter any victim collapses in anywhere down the street, perhaps, we are eligible to dash to rescue him or her.

Today, after practicing for the BCLS, i went to toilet and when the time i opened the toilet door and tended to walk off, i met the Technical Service Officer (TSO), Ms Emily. She is been a very nice lady, to me. Every time when i meet her, she will inquire after me about all the practical tests that are being held from time to time.

She asked me:" How is ur practice?"

Me, answered:"I need more strength to do compression on the manikin's heart, no energy."(Consequeces of not being fit)
Then i continued to ask Ms Emily:" Is it very hard to do on a real person also?"

Her Immediate Response was:"TOUCH WOOD"....................

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This remind me, when i go for posting to the hospitals, i will straigthly wear my student nurse's uniform, walking up and down, taking MRT, travel to and fro.

This is because, most of my clothes are being handwashed by myself, if i change clothes, i will have to do extra washing.

Consequently, just because of the laziness, everytime wearing that uniform, i will wear it in a sense of burden, afraid that i will encounter victim collapse in front of me and because i am a hospital staff and public who will not care who you are even if you are just a noob student nurse,and for them as long as you are wearing a uniform that indicate you are a hospital staff, and then that particular "uniform person" will be looking forward as the only one who can rescue the victim by commencing bcls for him or her.

...............thoughts that always appeared to me when i wear the uniform. Due to my laziness and when the time i wear the uniform, i will always pray hard that nothing will be happening. Therefore, in the coming posting, i should train myself to change and wash............HOPEFULLY I WILL LA, HAHA!!! Laziness please do not invade me!!!

The main reason why i scare to encounter such a problem is because (In fact i think everyone who knows how to rescue victim's life through BCLS before EMS (Emergency Medical Service) attend, will think the same way like me???)
  • do not know what the person might having, ie infection....
and if
  • victim is not being able to be rescued?? Public might point their fingers on you, blaming that you are the one who worsen the condition. I don't know.....
  • Hi hi, and one more funny point to add in,
  • single and available girls or maybe boys might mind to give out their first "KISS", when the rescuer has to commence breathing to the victim through mouth to mouth delivering.
Commence or not to???

It depends on individual's perception.

Anyway, i think most of us will do that in such an emergency condition that deal with a person's life & death, as the spirit of being part of the healthcare professional is to save life besides aiming to implement healthy lifestyle of the nation.

救人一命,深造七级浮屠。




These pictures are copied from some friend's profiles. Just to give an image to those who haven't seen me wearing my student nurse's uniform before, here i am. Each picture that appears the same girl is me. Different from Malaysia nurse's dress code, Singapore nurse's dress code does not have nurses' hat that from past till now which suspiciously treated as an 挡邪品, especially useful for nurses who work at night shifts. Haha!

没有评论:

发表评论