2011年8月1日星期一

Happy Nurses' Day to Singapore Nurses & Happy JCI audit to Tan Tock Seng Hospital

Happy Nurses' Day to Singapore Nursed & Happy JCI audit to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

1 August 2011, my fourth year celebrating Nurses's day here, first year celebrating as a full pledged Registered Nurse. Coincidentally, the organisation that I join in is facing its big day today as well--JCI accreditation audit started today till Friday.

Wishing all the best to my "Virgin Hospital"-- the busiest hospital in Singapore, a very nice hospital to learn.

Today, after ended night shift, went eating with colleagues, talking about the status of a Registered Nurse in Singapore, is so much different with other country whereby those country highly recognise RN status as high social status, high paid, less workload...etc, everyone seems to be not satisfied with the social status being recognised here--they claim that they are only "High Paid Maids", mainly pertaining to the fact that we have to clean up patient, dealing with their eliminations.

Of course, i was strongly disagree with their points, one of my colleague claimed that she was like me before when she was still a fresh pass out Junior Nurse, being so innocent about the "World of Singapore Nursing." . She wants to see how long can I be in my "World of Denial" which to her opinion.

Ya, I want to see also how long can I persist. I think I will still persist my own perception.

Isn't that part of a Nurse's duty is to provide comport to our patients? To me, if there is none of the nurses doing the cleaning job, who else can do it for the poor needy who can't help themselves at all when they are in a totally different environment and with health being compromised?

We are CAREGIVER, ADVOCATER, SUPPORTER & EDUCATOR for patients .

A skill that that a Nurse should possess--Our job is to know everybody's job, but not all that we know we can/must do it, because it is the matter of training background and issue of legalisation.

没有评论:

发表评论