2011年8月7日星期日

Attempt extubation

Life in hospital will never be boring,
everyday, patients will give us different "excitement"....

Yesterday my pt. attempted to self extubate, luckily we were able to stop him, but because of his regurgitation, saturation didn't return, he got aspiration, sweat!!!!

I was shocked at that time, panic to the max, did open suctioning for him and to our horror, it was milk feed!!!

Staff who guided me, cool and calm enough and Dr. who attended him, decided to reintubate him, meanwhile, both of them kept on 叮诉me:"Don't panic, don't worry, stay calm...." I was shocked and freaked to the max!!! Gong X2, yyy?

Successful reintubation! I was guilty by the fact that the event can be prevented if i pressed his hand and be more aware of his action after releasing his restrainer.

Maybe i can or i cannot understand why my patient treated himself like this. Maybe is he wanted to XXX???

Saddened by the act of my patient! Yet, he provided me the opportunity to learn...how to deal with emergency situation...

没有评论:

发表评论