2011年5月21日星期六

On The Transition of SN to another form of SN

Student Nurse to Staff Nurse.....

A team of GS dr who came to review my pt. today called me "Staff Nurse", a weird feeling gushed into my mind, r u calling me? Of course i responded to him. Asked me any issues yesterday with regard to my pt., Nothing come into my mind, so a "no" to him. But after the 3 of them left, then only i remembered, the vacuum suctioning issue.

My SICU medical site big boss, today when she made round to my patient, i was following the round as i was the nurse-in charge of the two pts. My mind was blank thinking of other things because i thought she was talking to the respiration therapist. All of a sudden, i caught her eyes unintentionally. To my surprise she seemed talking to me. Well, actually she was conducting some form of informative teaching. Then i pretended to knock my head with nothing of her info coming into my mind--I was then pulled back from the lalaland. She is a good dr., because she cares nursing site opinion, asked my opinion on cutting down the sedation.

Well, they are small issues and yet i am overwhelmed with it. Because 3 months ago, i was being viewed transparent as a SN, and now being another form of SN is just a sudden transition.

Recruit from what my ADON in nursing education line, Sister Lay Hoon used to joke with us, we seem to forget our position which has changed, we tend to ask "staff nurse" for help if we are helpless and panic, forgetting that we are Staff Nurse too....haha

My current SN position is just the kickstart of responsibility.........

2 条评论:

  1. Aftr reading tis blog, nothing but a smile on my face, feeling proud of u tat u're entering another level of yr life~
    Supporting u as always~:)

    回复删除
  2. Buddyy, thanks a lots....did you receive my sms?

    I am pleased that you remember every single things that i mentioned to you. Feels warmth inside my heart.

    No matter whatever happen in the complex social relationship i am encountering now, I will always think of people who treat me good. You are the definitely one of them who i meet in my every lifetime.

    Dear Wen Mei, thanks a lot...supporting you as always too....love and miss you...:)

    回复删除