2010年11月8日星期一

Emergency Department Posting and Operating Theater Posting

ED Nursing is what i like all the while, why? For many reason, but the funniest one, it would be the influential by all kind of Medical Drama especially that particularly Japanese Drama that influence me the most. The nurses in the drama called 救命冰冻24时3, how they perform their care to the critical ill victims during the earthquake disaster astonishes me. That's why i deeply love critical care.

Last time, I always imagined myself rushing with the other medical team in resuscitation room, imagined myself being able to triage illness and prevent the illness from deteriorating, imagined myself giving my care to the scare, nervous and helpless patients, holding their hand, speaking out my soothing voice by telling them: "don't worry, i will be with you, i will work hard together with you"

Yup, Imagination...............but being experienced once in ED, it was really a real scene to me. Putting all real senses into a nutshell, Emergency Nursing is not that easy, will i be able to be attached there? Cross finger......

Met a Clinical Instructor,Teri, she is a great girl to me. I am touched because she gave me a lot of encouragements and guidance. She advised me to fight the inner fear that i have, become a person and nurse who possesses confidence, be a nurse with thinking mind, beautiful heart and healing hands. She hopes that i will be able to join Emergency Department in conjunction with my interest in Emergency Nursing.

Touched...in the sense that i am being.....erm, hard to describe the feeling but Teri really boosts my self-esteem up. Thanks Teri, thank you very much. I will keep your words forever in my heart.

OT posting wise, erm, nothing to comment much, is not my cup of tea. I just feel sorry for the new nurses working in OT, i couldn't stand the mentally abuse by the surgeons. Maybe i couldn't judge as i was there for 4 days only but I feel for the nurses there, seems like such a big hierarchy does exist. Anyway, and fortunately, i was there for 4 days only. Luckily!~

Back to Malaysia, 1 month holiday, before PRCP.

没有评论:

发表评论