2010年5月12日星期三

Happy Nurses' Day, 12/5/2010, in the memory of late Florence Nightingale, A day tht is significant to me and my brother.

Happy Nurses' Day, in the memory of late Florence Nightingale,
the Mother of Nursing who had enhanced Nursing as one of the noble job with all her efforts she made for the sick and needy during the war time.

This was my third time my brother message me to wish me Happy Nurses' Day,
if not, i think i won't remember this date, because Singapore celebrates Nurses' Day on 1/8.

To my brother,every year 12/5, it is a significant and important day to him. He made an uneasy choice to enter a job that not much guy will choose.

Since the day i popped out the words:"i want to be a nurse!" at the age of 15 and for my merely 3 years of student nurse life, my bro has always to be the one who influences me.

He was the one who ever objected me to enter nursing as what he thought that i could choose a much better career than this,
who warned me a lot when he was a first year student nurse,
who called me then and talked for 2 hours + through the phone to support my ambition when his tutor asked him to encourage me to pursue my ambition,
who supported me to become a nurse but objected me vigorously to Singapore and insisted me to his college in Malacca,
who cried and blamed himself for being the first son and yet couldn't give her sister what she wanted,
who blessed and worried me when i first and forever left home to Singapore,
who requested his tutor's friend who was a nurse educator in NUH to take care of me,
who replied my msg and complimented me to become an excellent nurse whenever i texted him that i passed my skill test,
who told me a lot of Hospital Story and shared with me his nursing notes,
who told me the importance of Nursing when i was intended to give up Nursing,
who taught me to value Nursing as a nurse has a pair of blessing hands,
who was and is, the first and only that wish me Happy Nurses' Day on 12/5 every year.......

Of course, my ambition and determination to become a nurse are not influenced by my brother, to be honest, non at all. However, as what my nursing best friend, lao er, claimed that all nurses that are male, most of them are sissy, and she hates to have relationship with nurse who is a boy, (i can't address "male nurse", can't label them with this, a nurse is regardless of sex). Well, to me, nurses who are male, they are cute, they are noble, they are gentle, they are superb. Not because they really portray these good characteristics to me, it is because my brother is a nurse-to-be. My brother who is fierce to me and my sister appear to be a sentimental guy when he nurses his patients, how he feels guilty when he couldn't bath a patient properly, how he feels sorry for patients who are dangerously ill, how he is happy when his patients are cared properly and can be discharged. i heard part of these story from my mum, he likes to chat with my mum as this shows that he is a filial son too. Therefore, because my brother is a soon-to-be-NuRsE, i always like to admire RN who appears to be a male in hospital whenever i go for posting. A bit "Yellow" rite? Can't stand it, i have related all of them to my brother and tend to compare them as well. haha!!!!!!

Whenever i introduced my family members to whoever i know especially my patients who liked to ask me how many siblings i have, i will ensure that i properly introduce my brother to them that he is a student nurse as well, because I AM PROUD OF HIM, either to be my brother or to be a nurse.

Although, when any of my friends ask me how is the relationship of us? i always claim that me and brother are not close, but this is just a superficial explanation. I know that in my brother's heart, he is loving me and my sister as we are his siblings. 长兄为父,this explain why my mother always ask me and my sister to respect him nevertheless sometimes he craps unreasonably, he will be one of them who will take care of us in this life time.

Ya, my brother will graduate to become a Registered Nurse very soon, in 1 month time. From the bottom of my heart, i wish that he is always a happy and healthy nurse. If i have the gut that i wish to have, i want to say this to my brother:
"Ah Ko, you know, i am proud of you"

Indeed, so do my entire my family is proud of him.

3 条评论:

  1. I'm proud to hav a frien who is a nurse too!!!
    She has got positive influence in my life~ :)

    回复删除
  2. 此评论已被作者删除。

    回复删除
  3. *_*, thanks, wen mei, in fact, u r not only having a friend who is a soon-to be-nurse, u have 2 family members who are wanna-be-nurses too.

    Surrounded by nurses+^^..

    回复删除